Thursday 12 February 2015

The first two months of 2015.


I'm going to try and document my year, starting with the first two months of 2015. I like the idea of documenting my well exciting life (haha). So at the start of January, I volunteered at a charity shop located in Summertown,Oxford. This charity shop was a vintage branch of the Blue Cross Animal charity, and I thought well that's pretty perfect since I have always been very fond of most animals, expect insects, obviously, spider phobia duh. Anyway, I had a great month there, and met some nice people who I worked with briefly. I had a range of responsibilities, from cleaning to till work, sorting and pricing and even steaming the clothes. that was a killer on the arms. I was surprised that I fitted in so well, after my 5 days work experience in Oxfam back when it had been compulsory to have a short work placement, probably 2011 or something, I seemed to remember how charity shops in general functioned, and I even remembered how to use the pricing gun.

February brought back the start of University. New semester, four new modules.
Creating and editing text for publication.
Creative Writing.
Understanding Culture.
Understanding Communication.

So far its been good, although its just been the end of the second week out of eleven, plenty more time for it to all go to poop. It was nice seeing my friends again, although we are only in one module all together,

This is not all in order of occurrence (note to self).

My favourite shop Evolution closed, I love it because it was full of great little items, stuff for a desk, just little knick knacks which I have a weakness for. I managed to grab a large clock, which was Paris themed, after my holiday there last year, and some little drawers to keep bits in.

Went to Blenheim Palace with my friend, walked around the grounds and took quite a few good pictures, including this one taken by Mphotostory.


I also received audience tickets for Britain's Got talents audition in London, located at the Dominion Theatre, so I took two university friends with me. It was an evening showing, I had been to the auditions last year as well, for an afternoon showing, which had better content to be honest; But it was a nice day, walked up and down Oxford Street countless times, ate at Pizza Hut and lined up outside the Theatre. The show started around 9pm until around 11.30, so it was a late night for me, getting home around 2am, but still it was nice to see the production side to it again. And we got good seats this time too.  There is probably more, but this can be updated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment